[Tweeters] Edmonds kittiwake

MT Tomboulian at comcast.net
Wed Nov 18 21:14:37 PST 2015

at 930 am today I scoped from Sunset Ave. presumably the same sub adult kittiwake reported by Josh Adams. I was trying for the fulmars, but got there too late. I was puzzled by the field marks—at least halfway to Kingston, so hard to see detail—and was going to chalk it up to Bonaparte’s/unknown until I read his description of black leading edge to wing from “wrist” to tip, very bright white underneath, and lack of visible black terminal tail band, which is exactly what I saw. Sub adult in this pattern is not shown in my Sibley’s, so thanks Josh for this lifer

Mark Tomboulian