[Tweeters] Eurasian wigeon and ramblings about Lower River Rd and Vancouver Lake.

Bob rflores_2 at msn.com
Wed Nov 18 16:12:04 PST 2015

The eurasian wigeon was at Ridgefield NWR, River S Unit. It was on Long Lake also noted 7 cinnamon teal.

Vancouver Lake had birds scattered all about. I had already posted about the two wing-winged scoter. There were also common goldeneyes mixed in the rafted flock of ducks. Also of note a good number of horned grebe.

The Columbia River was somewhat disappointing the water is pretty chocolate colored and not many moving birds. I looked at several flocks of white-cheeked geese looking for something like an emperor. No luck.

Considering back in 2006-7 when I moved here Eurasian collared doves were not documented in Clark Co. Today, and I have been tracking this flock this year, on Old Lower River Rd at the farmhouse I counted 81.

I checked the Fruitville sewer ponds and found large numbers of American wigeon, ring-necked duck, lesser scaup, gadwall and ruddy duck. Nothing unusual seen.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA