[Tweeters] Point no Point Northern Fulmars

Brad Waggoner wagtail24 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 18:25:49 PST 2015

Hi All,

This afternoon I was riding the ferry from Edmonds to Kingston with a
noticeable brisk northwest wind brewing in that part of Puget Sound. I
watched from the bow of the boat to see if anything of interest was
flying about. No luck on that attempt. Just prior to offloading, I
received a text from Ryan Merrill about having 3 Northern Fulmars in
very little time from Rosario Head. He later told me he finished with
31. I decided to head toward Point no Point to catch the last of the
daylight and see if any tubenoses were there. Oh man was the wind strong
- probably nw to 50. I hunkered into the covered area of one of the
Norwegian Point structures and sea-watched for a bit over a half hour. I
was rewarded with two Northern Fulmars during my time. There easily
could be other things of interest blown in with this strong wind, so a
sea-watch effort tomorrow could pay off.

Cheers and good birding,

Brad Waggoner