[Tweeters] birding at Semiahmoo

Twink Coffman wilber4818 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 20:34:49 PST 2015

Thursday, November 19,
Semiahmoo/Blaine
Time: 9 AM to 1 PM
Trip Leader: Lynne Givler
Trip Limit: 14
To register and arrange carpooling contact Lynne Givler:
lynne.givler at gmail.com or 360-966-4909

This combined walking and driving field trip will start at the end of
Semiahmoo Spit where we’ll scan the channel between Semiahmoo and White
Rock, B.C. for loons, grebes, scoters, long-tailed ducks and a wide variety
of other wintering water birds. We’ll then circle around the resort next to
the shoreline and through the upland grassy area before driving back to the
park buildings for a further look at Drayton Harbor and Semiahmoo Bay. Next
we’ll carpool to Marine Park in Blaine and walk along the waterfront in
search of other new or familiar species. Bring a spotting scope if you have
one and snacks or a lunch. And come prepared for rain, wind, and/or sun!

--
happy birding
Twink
wilber4818 at gmail.com