[Tweeters] Neah Bay this weekend

Scott Downes downess at charter.net
Sun Nov 15 16:30:44 PST 2015

Sierra and I spent a very nice weekend in Neah Bay. Yesterday was very pleasant with little wind and only a couple of brief showers, today the wind came up but still fairly nice. Birding was a little slow for Neah Bay standards but to be expected as we are nearing the back end of migration. Highlights were:
Brief look at the Hooded Warbler yesterday, seen near the Forestry building
Good numbers of Black-legged Kittiwakes with some places having 10 or more birds at a stop
2 Palm Warblers near the playground along the waterfront in Neah Bay this morning.
2 Tropical Kingbirds late yesterday afternoon at Hobuck Beach.
Tufted Duck continuing at the Neah Bay STP.

Did a sea watch from Cape Flattery this morning with no shearwaters or fulmars
Tried both days for the gnatcatcher without success.

Scott Downes
Downess at charter.net
Yakima Wa