[Tweeters] Ellensburg Swans, Kittitas County

Walter Szeliga walter.szeliga at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 19:44:19 PST 2015

Dear Tweeters,
It’s been a warm Fall in the Kittitas Valley. No ice seems to mean that ducks are spread across all available water. Today (11/14) Mattoon Lake (west of exit 109 off of I-90) had a half-dozen Mallards and a female Common Goldeneye. Tjossem Pond (near Tjossem Rd and Berry Rd south of Ellensburg) had better diversity including 2 Trumpeter Swans, 3 Ruddy Ducks, 2 Western Grebe and many Green-winged Teal in confusing eclipse plumage (they look like Common Teal, but they aren’t). I’m curious to see what Sunday’s cold front will bring…

Cheers,
Walter Szeliga
Ellensburg, WA