[Tweeters] Fwd: Columbia Gorge Birding - Nov. 10 & 11 (Correction)

Barbara Webster barb5.webster at comcast.net
Sat Nov 14 10:00:19 PST 2015

Hi Tweeters,

Based on some helpful insights into the Klickitat River area from Stuart
Johnston, I need to correct one of the sightings in my report from
yesterday. The goose flock further up the river that we thought were
Greater White-Fronted Geese with two Snow Geese were most likely a group of
domestic geese that live in the area. Looking down from above on a flock of
snoozing geese made it hard to judge their size, and from the surroundings
we just assumed they were wild geese. The two "real" Snow Geese were first
seen out by the far edge of the sandbar on the west side of the river mouth
on the Columbia side.

Thanks to Stuart for the information. It's a good reminder to not be too
hasty in making those identifications!

Good birding!

Barbara Webster
Seattle, WA