[Tweeters] Two Tropical Kingbirds In Sequim

Vincent Lucas vincentlucas5 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 00:00:54 PST 2015

Having to run some errands in Sequim today, 11/10/2015, I was fortunate to
have use of a car. Naturally, I wanted to check on some of the recent avian
sightings that have been reported in the area. On Marine Drive, not far
from Twin View Dr. near where Marine Dr. makes the big turn toward the
west, there were two Tropical Kingbirds on the power lines. I'm not sure if
others have reported more than one TRKI in the area(?). At Kitchen-Dick
Ponds there were the usual suspects including Wilson's Snipe and
Long-billed Dowitcher but no Canvasback. At Helen's Pond, an American
Bittern was briefly out in the open and at Roberta's Pond, a lone Trumpeter
Swan was seen. I'm attaching links to photos of one of the Tropical
Kingbirds, the American Bittern, Wilson's Snipe and Trumpeter Swan. I also
photographed a nice Spotted Towhee on Wilcox Lane.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/22923917842/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/22314620324/lightbox

https://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/22937343465/in/dateposted-public/lightbox

https://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/22545363859/in/dateposted-public/lightbox