[Tweeters] Do Crows Murmurate? / Caryn / Wedgwood

Devorah the Ornithologist birdologist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 10:54:49 PST 2015

i saw that video. they were wrong and you are right. those are starlings
forming a "murmuration". crows never fly like that.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 5:52 PM, Caryn Schutzler <bluedarner1 at seanet.com>
wrote:

> Morning Tweeters,

> On local news a video (this am on NWCN) of murmurating birds in Renton.

> Person filming thinks it is crows, but I'm inclined to think starlings,

> looking more like the videos I've seen of them (starlings) in Scotland.

> Any thoughts on this? (I'm thinking they may, but not to the spectacle of

> starlings, but then I shouldn't put it past them...)

> Tweeters mailing list

> Tweeters at u.washington.edu

GrrlScientist
Devorah Bennu, PhD
birdologist at gmail.com
*sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt. *[Virgil, Aeneid]