[Tweeters] more re White-crowned Sp. singing

Izzy Wong gobirder at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 10:22:51 PST 2015

Hi everyone,

Thanks to those who wrote a bit about my query regarding the White-crowned
Sparrow singing this time of year.

Although I had heard about the theory of autumnal recrudescence, I was
specifically wondering why only some birds do this.

I was able to find an article based on some studies done a number of years
ago. The article mentions the European Starling, the White-crowned Sparrow,
the Song Sparrow, and the Am. Robin, with some comparisons made between
these birds.

Here is the link to the article: www.birdsnways.com/wisdom/ww51eiii.htm

And I just heard an Am. Robin singing a little while ago, too. :-)

good birding,
isadora wong
seattle, wa
gobirder at gmail.com