[Tweeters] White-crowned sparrow singing

Izzy Wong gobirder at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 12:31:45 PST 2015

Hi Tweeter types,

We've had a White-crowned Sparrow singing in our yard for a few weeks. I
love it, although it doesn't sound like the familiar complete song I'm used
to hearing. I don't believe I've ever heard one singing this late in the
year. How common is this autumnal White-crowned Sp. singing?

Also, the Pine Siskins are back as of yesterday. And we noticed a brief
visit of Evening Grosbeaks, as well.

Lately, our yard has been quite the place to be, with lots of birdies
showing up to the party. Seems like fun for them until one of the
neighborhood pussy gatos crashes the party.

good birding to all,
isadora wong
seattle, wa
gobirder at gmail.com