[Tweeters] Black-throated Blue Warbler -Tacoma

mcharest at wamail.net mcharest at wamail.net
Fri Nov 6 17:01:50 PST 2015

I ran into a female Black-throated Blue Blue Warbler at Gog-le-hi-te
Wetlands late this afternoon. I took pictures of the bird and was still
unsure as to the ID when I left. I studied the shots at home a couple
minutes later and realized what a good bird it was.

The bird was hanging out in a mixed flock of Chickadees, Kinglets, and
YR Warblers. from the parking lot walk south on gravel road and right at
first intersection. Flock wandered in the trees from the corner to the
pond. Mostly halfway between the 2. The bird foraged much lower than the
YR Warblers.

3 photos here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikecharest/

Have a great day,