[Tweeters] Summer Tanager - Neah Bay

Brad Waggoner wagtail24 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 18:15:16 PST 2015

Hi all,

This afternoon Paul Lehman found a female Summer Tanager in the neighboring
yard immediately north of the house and hummingbird feeders hosting last
years Orchard Oriole. It also wandered a few blocks inland over an hour
period of time. This area was the most active spot in the town hosting also
Tropical Kingbird along with Palm, Yellow, and a couple of Yellow-rumped
Warblers. Passerine migrants were otherwise in short supply, but once again
Neah Bay produces another great vagrant.

Ryan Merrill on his way back today tried for both the Tennessee Warbler
between Sekiu and Neah Bay and the Blue-gray Gnatcatcher in Clallam Bay
without success. I may try as well on my way out of town tommorrow and I
will post again if successful on either. No sign of the Neah Bay Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher or the Clay-colored Sparrow at the Watch River mouth feeder
since yesterday morning.

Cheers and good birding,
Brad Waggoner