[Tweeters] Western Screech Owl in Kenmore

Linda Phillips linda_phillips1252 at msn.com
Tue Nov 3 17:48:13 PST 2015

Today I found my second “Park Bird” of the fall while birding at Wallace Swamp Creek Park in Kenmore.
I knew a predator of some kind was hiding in the underbrush when I heard the loudest hub-bub I’ve ever encountered from a handful of Stellar’s Jays, Robins, Sparrows and Chickadees.
After a little bushwhacking, I found the owl, hiding in some vines that were circling a cottonwood tree. After about 15 minutes he escaped the mob and was not seen again.

Linda Phillips
Kenmore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10