[Tweeters] (Clark Co) Larch Mtn report

Luke Hanes lukeandharmony1997 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 20:25:20 PDT 2015

I had the chance to camp/hike/bird at Larch Mountain this weekend (my
wife's birthday present to me). It was 4 days of awesomeness. I got 45
miles of hiking in (primarily on Tarbell and Bells Mountain trails) and the
hills were alive with the sound of music!

Highlights:
MacGillvray's Warbler - they were everywhere! At least it seemed that way.
Pacific-slope Flycatcher - I've never been surrounded by so many. They were
more prevalent than even the Robins!
Ruffed Grouse - finally heard one drumming today on Bells Mountain
trail near milepost 2.
Red-eyed Vireo - found it singing today on Bells Mountain trail in a tree
right next to milepost 6.

Lowlights:
No Townsend's Solitaire or Mountain Bluebird
Is it too late to have them migrating through Clark County?

(P.S. Thank you Bob Flores for putting up with my pesky texts on
Thursday to help me locate that California Quail near Post Office Lake!!!)

--
Luke Hanes
Vancouver, WA (Felida)
lukeandharmony1997 at gmail.com