[Tweeters] New yard bird!

Josh Hayes coralliophila at live.com
Thu May 28 08:51:34 PDT 2015

This morning I was wakened by the hollering robins in the yard and could not get back to sleep, so I got up around 4:45 and stood on my North Seattle deck (a few blocks from the community college), sipping coffee and listening to the riot of robins, when I picked out a different but still thrush-y song in the mix: a Swainson's thrush! I even got a look at the bird, briefly, and I have to wonder what the heck it was doing there. My yard is treed, yes, but hardly good breeding habitat for a Swainson's. Just passing through, I suppose, and I'm glad for the visit. Who knows what out of place oddities might drop by for a few moments?

-Josh Hayes, Licton Springs