[Tweeters] On the Subject/Status of Mute Swans

Blair Bernson blair at washingtonadvisorygroup.com
Wed May 27 20:54:47 PDT 2015

Seeing Dave Hayden's post about the Mute Swan he
and Sherry saw in Eastern WA made me wonder about
the status of Mute Swan's in Washington. I know
that they show up singly and sometimes in
multiples (5 at Kent ponds last year) at various
places East and West periodically and I believe
have been "officially accepted" now but am not
even sure of that. When I started birding many
years ago ALL Mute Swans were considered escapees
or releases. What is their status now - here and
elsewhere in the ABA area? Still think of them as
most appropriate in a pond at some European Castle...

Awaiting (and welcoming) enlightenment...

--
Blair Bernson
Edmonds