[Tweeters] Puget Sound Big Day 5/23/15

Alissa Hartman hartman.alissa at gmail.com
Sun May 24 21:43:36 PDT 2015

My Big Day for the Seattle Audubon yielded 60 species around the Puget
Sound area, where I visited (in this order) Montlake Fill, Marymoor Park,
Juanita Bay, the Edmonds waterfront, Point No Point, Buck Lake, and found
my last bird at the Kingston ferry — a Double-crested Cormorant (none at
Edmonds!).

I’ll just share the highlights.

Montlake Fill:
My FOY Common Yellowthroat.

Marymoor:
Cedar Waxwings in plain view, 2 Lazuli Buntings singing at the front of the
Audubon loop for everyone to see, and all the Swainson’s Thrushes hiding in
the underbrush, not quite singing yet.

Edmonds Waterfront:
2 Harlequin Ducks!

Point No Point:
A gorgeous Pacific Loon in full breeding plumage and many Marbelled
Murrelets.

Buck Lake:
Pileated Woodpecker rattling across the lake.

A long but rewarding day despite the overcast and sometimes rainy weather.
I’ve never done a Big Day but I guess I’ll have to do it again sometime. I
don’t spend nearly enough time at Marymoor as I should.

Alissa
Matthews Beach