[Tweeters] Woodland Bottoms - Swainson's Hawk

Russ Koppendrayer russkope at gmail.com
Wed May 20 20:33:21 PDT 2015

Hi Tweeters,

Late this afternoon I found a young dark morph SWAINSON'S HAWK over a just
mowed grass field along Dike Road at the Lewis River. This field was
apparently full of now exposed rodents as there were 5 TURKEY VULTURES, a
RED-TAILED HAWK, and 25 GREAT BLUE HERONS also present. If this banquet
continues, this bird may be findable tomorrow as it remained over this
field for the 15 minutes I viewed it. This spot would be at the very south
end of the bottoms between Kuhnis Rd and the mouth of the Lewis River.

Russ Koppendrayer
Longview, WA