[Tweeters] Lazuli Bunting, Barn Owl and Submarine races in the Snoqualmie Valley

hank.heiberg hank.heiberg at gmail.com
Sun May 17 20:42:09 PDT 2015

This morning Karen and I observed a male, adult Lazuli Bunting perched on a wire between the 6th and 7th telephone poles east of the red barn located at the intersection of NE 100th Street and West Snoqualmie Valley Road NE. There was a similar or the same bird in the same location last year.

Last night at 10:20 along the same stretch of road, but further east we saw a Barn Owl perched on a wire. Inconveniently there was a couple watching submarine races along the Snoqualmie River directly across the road from the owl. Most likely they did not appreciate that we were using the high beams of our car to better see the owl.

Hank Heiberg
Lake Joy
Carnation, WA
hankdotheibergatgmaildotcom