[Tweeters] Snake River/Swallows Park Tern ID ?

Keith Carlson kec201814 at cableone.net
Sat May 16 12:55:33 PDT 2015

At approx. the same time ( 30-45 minutes later) as Catherine Temple's Tern report, Rick Welle and I were watching this bird.We never saw it land, but watched it flying over the Snake River (both Washington and Idaho) from the Southway Bridge up to the Swallows Marina and beyond.https://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/17119540774/in/dateposted-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/17741706175/in/dateposted-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/birddog/17555431899/in/dateposted-public/ From the wing pattern and the slightly grayish belly, I believe this bird to be an adult Common Tern.It is possible that the bird Rick and I observed is not the same bird as Catherine's as hers seems to have a white belly. Keith E. CarlsonLewiston.