[Tweeters] Phooey! said the phrustrated photographer

Joseph Higbee jvhigbee at hotmail.com
Fri May 15 17:45:50 PDT 2015

The last two days have been very birdy in the yard. Joining the earlier arrivals, I had a pair of Townsend’s Warblers, a pair of Wilson’s Warblers, a Warbling Vireo and a Lazuli Bunting. Twice the Warbling Vireo bathed by flying from a bush, dipping in the water and returning to the bush to preen. He repeated this routine several times on two different occasions but I don’t have a photo. The Wilson’s never stopped moving and I never got started. The Townsend’s also outran me.

I did get the Lazuli Bunting but only from a distance. Small crop better than nothing. I think this is only the third time in ten years I have had one in the yard.

I put the Lazuli and some other, more cooperative, bird photos on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21876608@N02/?

Joseph Higbee
Spanaway, WA
Mailto jvhigbee at hotmail.com