[Tweeters] A Dozen IBIS Walla Walla County

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Fri May 15 17:01:48 PDT 2015

This sounds much like the early 80s, when everything dried up in southeastern Oregon, and Great Egrets and Black-necked Stilts came up to Washington in numbers and soon became breeding species. With the same drought again, if not worse, I wonder if this could happen with White-faced Ibis and Franklin’s Gulls. Unfortunately, we don’t have quite the extensive marshes of Oregon, but it will be interesting to see how this ibis/gull invasion plays out.

Dennis Paulson
Seattle