[Tweeters] Hermit +8 Warblers, Tenino

Paul Hicks phicks at accessgrace.org
Thu May 14 17:30:44 PDT 2015

Tweets, Thursday Doug Martin and I encountered 9 warbler spp, the highlight at least two HERMITs with a group of perhaps 10 TOWNSEND'S apparently passing thru. They were foraging in mature firs along Blumauer Ridge above (south) Tenino. One "pure" individual acted suspiciously territorial. Though they are probably around, in 25 years this is only my second for-sure springtime record for the immediate Tenino area. (It's been several years since I've found them regularly nesting (apparently) out near Weir Prairie.) Good birding!
Paul Hicks / Tenino, s Thurston Co / Phicks AT Access grace D ot Org