Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu May 14 14:33:32 PDT 2015

Tweets – it was a rather subdued morning at Marymoor today. It was dark and misty and mizzly. The BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAKS, WARBLING VIROES, and WILSON’S WARBLERS were out in force, singing away. Conservatively, we had at least 20 of each species, but that’s probably a huge undercount for each. But beyond that, things were not that hopping.

Highlights:

Wood Duck 2 pair, one with babies
Mallard Strange to see a male hanging with a female w/babies
Mourning Dove 1 flew around the Compost Piles area
Barn Owl Matt & Sharon had one, Viewing Mound, after 5:00 a.m
Anna’s Hummingbird Female building nest under heronry
W. WOOD-PEWEE Silent bird at Rowing Club – First of Year
Pac.-slope Flycatcher Uncooperative bird south of heronry – FOY
Golden-cr. Kinglet Adult feeding fledged young at Rowing Club parking lot
LAZULI BUNTING 5+ males, 2+ females, East Meadow & Fields 7-8-9
Evening Grosbeak Sharon saw two fly over the Dog Meadow area

Matt also heard what sounded like baby BARN OWLS in the windmill, after several weeks without. 2nd clutch?

We had great looks at AMERICAN BEAVER – at least 3 out in the daytime across from Dog Central.

For the day, 64 species. Misses included Gadwall, and Cedar Waxwing (late in getting back?). Grace&Ollie had STELLER’S JAY and a SHARP-SHINNED HAWK just after the rest of us left for the day, or we would have missed those, too.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com