[Tweeters] Wed: Tenino-to-Rainer: Bank Swallows et al

Paul Hicks phicks at accessgrace.org
Wed May 13 18:26:52 PDT 2015

Tweets, I spent a productive morning in the mist and drizzle scouting for a field trip to south Thurston County on Saturday. Visited some spots around Rainier I knew about but hadn't been to in years. 76 species. Highlights:
- Solberg Rd: LAZULI BUNTING at the "S" curve and berm, the most reliable spot over the years.
- Pond at Solberg x 133rd: Six swallow spp, including BANK SWALLOW (2) and N ROUGH-W SWALLOW (1); BLUE-W TEAL, SHOVELER, P-B GREBE, AM. COOT -- challenging species in south county.
- Pond between Solberg and Morris: SORA, BULLOCK'S ORIOLE, possible GOLDEN-CR SPARROW singing, possible COOPER'S HAWK calling. (Years ago there was a Nashville Warbler singing here thru at least June.)
- Pond E of Morris x 123rd: At least two SORA. Good birding!
-- Paul Hicks / Tenino / phicks AT access grace D O T org