[Tweeters] lost items, catching up

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Sun May 10 12:10:05 PDT 2015

Hey Tweets...As usual after the Grays Harbor Shorebird (and Nature)
Festival, I am the keeper of lost and found items; this year I have a small
point & shoot digital camera, a pair of very small gloves (children's?),
and the case for a tripod (I believe). If you think one of these items
belongs to you, send me and e-mail, I.D. the item, and I will see that it
is returned to you.

In other news, my internet was down for 12 days, so it is taking me time to
catch up to all the e-mails, the GH County list (the festival gave us some
FOY birds too....thanks to all who posted their lists!), and refunds for
field trips missed.

Thanks too to the wonderful people who came out to our sunny part of the
state for the birding, including all of the field trip leaders and
lecturers; each year we have great reports from our attendees about the
quality of those who volunteer to guide us through the "shorebird path".

Thanks especially to Jim Danzenbaker for making our annual dinner a special
treat this year.

My own birding consisted of one partial day at the North Jetty with an old
friend, watching a Wandering Tattler 25 feet away as it bobbed and checked
the inner jetty rocks. I had not seen one that close before, and have just
two previous sightings. This bird then picked a nice sunny and warm rock
and lay down on it right in front of us for a 25 minute bit of R & R. We
thoroughly enjoyed the close views. When it finally departed it left with
that wonderful alarm cry they make.

We also saw a probable 2nd year Glaucous Gull among a large group of mixed
gulls begging next to a carload of a family throwing bread.

Hoping to get some more birding this week.

Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores