[Tweeters] Pine Grosbeaks, West Seattle

Gary Smith gsmith at smithandstark.com
Fri May 8 10:28:22 PDT 2015

This morning I noticed what I think are several Pine Grosbeaks in some pines
at Benton Place SW alongside the old Alki Sewage Treatment Plant, which is
at the very north end of Beach Drive SW. I've seen Pine Grosbeaks here one
other time, in late March of 2013. Thought this was a bit late for them to
be here.

At least four, probably more but I was rushed for time. Only saw females
and immature males. Very active -- in the pine cones, flitting around the
pines, on the cyclone fence, on the ground, singing and calling.

Good birding to you all.

Gary T. Smith

Alki Point, Seattle