[Tweeters] Bullock's Oriole overload and others, Frenchman's Bar Reg. Park, Clark Co, WA

Bob rflores_2 at msn.com
Mon May 4 13:17:28 PDT 2015

Randy Hill and I hit Frenchman's a bit late showing up at 7:30 this morning. We did not find an overload of numbers but did a fair diversity and a few high numbers for the time of the Month. Here is what I mean. We had 17 Bullock's Oriole, 6 Western tanager, 19 Wilson's warbler and 21 warbling vireo. Beside all of these being new highs for me personally they are also very early when compared to high numbers in the past in fact all numbers close from previous years except the Wilson's happened after mid-May (the 17th to be exact). Wilson's are right on time. I found this bit of information points to what many of us already know and that is birds are showing up early.

Also seen and of interest include

Townsend's warbler 3
yellow-rumped warbler 14
orange-crowned warbler 5
Swainson's thrush 1
white-throated sparrow 1 (been here for a while and hangs out with golden-crowned sparrows)
Pacific-sloped flycatcher 1
we also had a Emid we could not ID up high in the canopy.

Although we did not stop there were about 11 western grebe types on Vancouver Lake at the Flushing Channel.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA