Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Jun 25 13:10:37 PDT 2015

Tweets – It was about as summery a day as we ever get, today. Gorgeous clear skies, rather warm, no wind, lots of birds. Not really a lot of bird species, but juveniles have definitely increased the total bird population.

Highlights:

Cooper’s Hawk Three sightings; maybe all the same bird
Red-tailed Hawk Young atop odd-snag may have fledged TODAY
Spotted Sandpiper Two at weir
California Gull (?) Adult gull with extensive black wingtips flew by
CASPIAN TERN One adult flew north over the slough
Anna’s Hummingbird MANY
Belted Kingfisher Adult male, juvenile, along slough
R.-breasted Sapsucker NUMEROUS, with at least 3 babies
Downy Woodpecker About 4, some drumming, one juvie
Warbling Vireo Feeding baby cowbird a Rowing Club :(
American Crow Begging baby fed. Lots of begging calls.
Purple Martin Pair at gourd; also 2 first summer males there
Or.-crowned Warbler Two singing; saw the one at the Rowing Club
Y.-rumped Warbler Male singing; 1-2 juveniles seen flying
Lazuli Bunting 2 males singing early; female in Snag Row later
Br.-headed Cowbird Several juveniles seen
Bullock’s Oriole Adult female feeding young

Week 26 (which starts today) has the dubious distinction of having the least number of total species recorded over the last 20 years – just 90. (Compare with Week 18 at the beginning of May, at 139 species). Today, we saw over 2/3s of those 90 species. We had 62.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com