Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Jun 18 10:52:41 PDT 2015

Tweets – We’re in the summer doldrums already at Marymoor. The birding is still good, but the species selection is fairly static. Seeking out evidence of breeding, and noting interesting juvenile and transitional plumages and vocalizations are what we focus on, in the absence of any unusual species. Today’s list was VERY similar to last week’s.

Highlights:

Hooded Merganser Male transitioning to eclipse plumage at Rowing Club
Great Blue Heron Nests FULL of babies; some young fledged
Spotted Sandpiper Multiple birds continue at weir; probably breeding at Marymoor
Or.-crowned Warbler Singing heard from boardwalk same as last week
Spotted Towhee Especially numerous; fledged juveniles amongst them
Bullock’s Oriole Verified a 2nd nest in the park today, both in cottowoods

Still no Black Swifts, despite the overcast skies.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com