[Tweeters] Wahkiakum Clark's Nutcracker

Andrew Emlen aemlen at centurytel.net
Wed Jun 17 17:24:52 PDT 2015

Today I birded the Grays River Divide in Wahkiakum County with Kyleen Austin. At about 1600 feet there was a Clark's Nutcracker foraging in a recent clearcut near one of the few stands of taller trees along the ridgeline, about 2.7 miles from the where the MV1000 ends at the 800 road (left fork from MV1000). This is the first record of this species from Wahkiakum County. I posted a photo on ebird. Another highlight of the day was finding an American Dipper nest with two nestlings beside a waterfall in Grays River canyon.
-Andrew