[Tweeters] caracara breast knob

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Wed Jun 17 12:39:29 PDT 2015

Hello, tweets.

I haven’t been following this closely so don’t know if someone else might have explained it.

When raptors eat big meals, it fills their crops to the point that they can push out through the breast feathers, because there are feather tracts on the body and gaps between them. I don’t think it’s anything unusual (real raptor experts, correct me if I’m wrong in this case).

Dennis Paulson
Seattle