[Tweeters] Re: Yellow knob on chest of Crested Caracara

rohan kamath rohankamath88 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 08:35:31 PDT 2015

Hi Dan,
The yellow knob that we were seeing last evening is a distended crop
showing that it has recently eaten. Checked this across a few different
sources.
Here's one of them.
(Source:
http://backgroundsdb.com/view/image/id/12433375625#!Incoming+Crested+Caracara
)

Also, here's an image from last evening:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155878094455105&set=a.10153241777315105.1073741828.908820104&type=1

-Regards,
Rohan Kamath
Software Development Engineer
Amazon.com, Seattle, WA.
Conservation begins at HOME... We CAN make a difference...

Hello Tweeters, I enjoyed observing the caracara with others Monday at
Skykomish. Was not sure what to make of the yellow fleshy area on the
bird's chest. Centrally located. Some wondered if it was an abnormal
growth. On examination of photos of this species on line, it can be seen at
the same location on several different birds. So appears to be a normal
appearance feature. Very neat bird. Dan Reiff Mercer Island Sent from my
Tweeters at u.washington.edu http://mailman1.u.washington.e...