[Tweeters] Rainbow Throated Hummingbird

Sammy Catiis hikersammy at msn.com
Sat Jun 13 22:50:53 PDT 2015

Have you ever seen a Rainbow Throated Hummingbird? I grabbed this shot yesterday, out my car window.. as I arrived at home yesterday. I would have tried to look it up, but I'm pretty sure they are so rare.. that they are not even mentioned in the book.

http://www.sammyclickit.com/Wildlife/Birds/Hummers-all-kinds/i-HrzK2R9/A

This is reminiscent of the Golden Chickadee someone had wrote about earlier this year.. of which I still remember the story.. haha

This Rainbow Throated Hummingbird, was ready to drink from my prism feeder near sun down.. yep.. I'm sure you can imagine my delight..

I thought you would all enjoy this....and get a good laugh.. and maybe look for one in your back yard.. as we know now.. they do exist.. I have a photo! HA!

Sammy in Arlington.....