[Tweeters] Capitol Forest T Solitaire

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Mon Jun 8 18:53:23 PDT 2015

Today I birded the Capitol Forest in Thurston County. I saw several seemingly pure HERMIT WARBLERS and a few TOWNSEND'S X HERMIT hybrids as well. Vocalizations were varied and of no use for ID purposes.

The forest was very birdy, and the most exciting bird for me was a treetop perched TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE, belting out its finchy song including single whistled notes. A good scope view made the ID solid. Coordinates are N46.99678 & W123.12473. This is on road C-4000. I believe this is an unusual location for a June TOSO.

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com