[Tweeters] South/central Alaska birding recommendations?

Mason Flint (Outlook) masonflint at outlook.com
Thu Jun 4 16:57:10 PDT 2015

Hi Tweets,

I'm going to be in/around Anchorage for about a week in late June and have
at least a few days dedicated to dusk to dawn birding...which can be
challenging that far north. ;-)

Unfortunately I don't have time to go to Attu or anywhere super exotic but
I'll have a car and can go south as far as Seward or Homer and north maybe
up to Denali.

I'd appreciate any recommendations for good birding spots and itineraries
from anyone who has experience up there. I don't have any particular
"targets" but am pretty adventurous. Boat/fishing charter in Kenai Fjords
National Park? Some other offshore adventure?

Please send ideas if you have any.

Regards,

Mason Flint
Bellevue