[Tweeters] Least Flycatchers in Washington State

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 17:33:33 PDT 2015

Hello Tweets,

Until just now, I had thought of Least Flycatchers as a regular and long-time member of our state's avifauna. But I love reading research papers, and today I read one that taught me otherwise. If you like reading research papers too, here is the one I'm talking about, written by Mr. Steven G. Mlodinow. (Mr. Mlodinow, if you're reading this, I really enjoyed your article!)

https://sora.unm.edu/sites/default/files/journals/wb/v36n04/p0310-p0316.pdf

The prospect of Eastern birds spreading westward excites me, in a way. Who wouldn't want to see Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Indigo Buntings, Blue Jays and Broad-winged Hawks more often? I know I would!

Good birding, and what a wonderful world, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA

Josh.n.glant at gmail.com