[Tweeters] No shearwaters seen on Long Beach Peninsula, Wa, because of fog

Will Risser wlrisser at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 21:41:13 PDT 2015

Jan and I looked for sooty shearwaters on Long Beach Peninsula, WA, from Cape Disappointment State Park north to Loomis Lake State Park today. A continuous dense fog limited visibility to the edge of the surf. We searched from 4 to 6:30 PM. A local informant told us that the fog appears on days when the land is hot. I guess that the hotter weather that began today created this problem. Will Risser, Portland, OR

Sent from my iPad