[Tweeters] Ruddy Turnstone remains along Marine View Drive, Tacoma

birdmarymoor at gmail.com birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 21:26:02 PDT 2015

I heard that several people dipped on the Ruddy Turnstone that was reported a couple of days ago, but I steadfastly gave it a shot (after striking out on finding any of my target shorebirds in Fife), hitting Marine View Drive just a little before high tide this afternoon.

For about fourteen minutes, I was coming to the conclusion that it was just not my day. Then I saw a bunch of turnstones fly towards the marina from the log booms. After SEVERAL passes of the scope over the logs that form the south edge of the marina, I suddenly was looking at the RUDDY TURNSTONE.

Made the drive back to Kirkland much more satisfying.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com