[Tweeters] American Redstart at Stillwater?

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:08:57 PDT 2015

Hello Tweets,

I tried for the American Redstart near Carnation in June, and I did hear it singing, but I never saw it. And as it's a beautiful warbler, I I have wanted to try for it again, but I haven't had a chance until now. Question is, will the redstart still be around in late July? I don't know if it will be singing so late in summer (would it?), but has it been seen in late July/ early August in years past? He's so gorgeous; I hope I am lucky enough to see him!

Oh, and I just spent a couple hours at West Point in Discovery Park. Not too many birds, but it was good to see a Caspian Tern, and exciting to see a gull harassing a Bald Eagle. I loved seeing a Rhinoceros Auklet swim and dive twenty feet from where I stood on the very tip of the point! Rhino Auklets sure are endearing seabirds.

Good birding, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA

Josh.n.glant at gmail.com