[Tweeters] Yellow-headed Blackbird at Wylie sloug

kayliningalls at gmail.com kayliningalls at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 13:57:56 PDT 2015

Hey tweeters!
Just moments ago, I saw a male Yellow-headed Blackbird at Skagit Wildlife area headquarters, aka, Wylie slough. Starting from the parking lot on your right when you enter and have to choose your parking lot, it was just maybe a football field down the path towards the bay. It was hanging out with many other Red-winged Blackbirds and Brown-headed Cowbirds. It was maybe 20 feet off the path, down low, with an obvious yellow head and white wing patches when it flew. I understand this is an uncommon bird around here, so I thought I'd post the sighting! Photos are available when I get home. There were also a lot of Kingfishers, an American Kestrel, Olive-sided flycatcher, both Yellowlegs, Long-billed and maybe some Short-billed Dowitchers, and some unidentified Peeps. Probably all Least. I'll post a full overview of the second half of my birthday shorebirding tonight!

Good birding!!

Kaylin Ingalls
Kirkland WA
kayliningalls at g male d ot com