[Tweeters] Ross's Goose-Hood Park

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Mon Jul 27 16:38:57 PDT 2015

Hello All,

This morning MerryLynn and I stopped by Hood Park to check out the
purported summer Snow Goose. What we did find was the first summer
record of an adult wild Ross's Goose in molt. I watched it drop a
primary feather and make a short flight to the edge of the Snake River,
so it is not injured. It is hanging out with 300+ Canada Geese and
several mongrel farm geese. This the very first Ross's Goose summer
record for Walla Walla County.
Good luck looking for it-it is small, but easy to locate. Very nice
summer bird for southeastern Washington.
Later Mike Denny

--
MIKE & MERRYLYNN DENNY
BIRDING THE BEAUTIFUL WALLA WALLA VALLEY