[Tweeters] Brewers sparrow, Stiegerwald NWR, Clark Co, WA

Bob rflores_2 at msn.com
Sat Jul 25 19:10:33 PDT 2015

Thanks again to Wilson ( i think he is working for a steak dinner or something) he sent me a message he had received from Eric Bjorkman. I knowing i had a 6:00 pm appointment bolted for the refuge but did not know, neither did Wilson (so much for the steak dinner), where Eric's description of "the bush where the indigo bunting was last year". I sent a message to Eric asking for clarification. I was on the refuge and had called Wilson asking where this bush was? He did not know but suggested the portion of the trail that is seasonally closed. I did not take his advise and instead headed for the dike and barn area. No luck so on my way back i received a message from Eric, posted below, and was on the bridge at the beginning of the trail the bird was on. Short story, right?, i did follow Eric's directions and yes it was on the trail picking gravel i think. Well should have listened to Wilson, steak dinner again, for he was right. Well i was late for my 6:00 pm appt but it was worth it. The worst part i had a camera and failed to think about a picture! I was in a hurry.

Thanks to Eric and Wilson for # 213.

Here is Eric's message

Sorry that I didn't see this sooner. Head out the trail from the kiosk
parking lot. As you come to the large bridge there's a gate to the left (I
don't know if that part of the trail has a name, but it's the part that's
closed during the winter). Go through the gate and follow the trail. You'll
see a small metal sculpture next to the trail that looks something like
leaves and the bird was in that area.

Eric

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA