[Tweeters] Help with Bird ID: Take 3

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 23:27:30 PDT 2015

Good evening,

Well, now that I see your photo, it appears to be a deceased Golden-crowned Kinglet! This bird has a distinctive wing pattern and a gray-green color combination that makes it stand out from most other birds. It is a bit difficult to distinguish the head pattern, but I think that I see the crown stripes that would distinguish a Golden-crowned Kinglet from an unmarked Ruby-crowned Kinglet - and besides, Ruby-crowned Kinglets are only in the lowlands in winter!

Good birding, and may all your birds [dead or alive] be identified (if I may borrow someone else's phrase), Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA

Josh.n.glant at gmail.com