[Tweeters] *Correction* - probably Black-headed Grosbeak, West Seattle

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Fri Jul 24 12:51:47 PDT 2015

Hi Tweets,

Well, at least I had the good sense to write “pretty sure” rather than “definitely” when I mentioned a quick sighting of an Evening Grosbeak in my post from earlier today.

A small flock of Black-headed Grosbeaks has now appeared on the scene to forage in the fig trees belonging to my excellent neighbor. They’ve hung around long enough to finally get some photos, which are at flickr.com/photos/trileigh<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh>. I’d welcome comments about whether these are females or juveniles or both – thanks as always.

Contritely,
Trileigh

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Trileigh Tucker
Pelly Valley, West Seattle
Natural history blog: naturalpresence<naturalpresencearts.com>arts.com<naturalpresencearts.com>
Photography: flickr.com/photos/trileigh