[Tweeters] Okanogan birding?

nick page nickpage502 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 23 14:21:35 PDT 2015

Hi all

I am coming back to Bellingham next week to visit family and hope to get east of the mountains for 2 or 3 days.

I don't want to go Too far and would like to see birds that are different to the normal ones I saw in Whatcom when I lived here before.

I was wondering if people had any good sites for seeing east side birds given the time to year and also with the heat and lack of rain. I was thinking around Twisp, Omak, Nighthawk area. Is it better to get up high or stay in riparian habitat near rivers? Also, are there places that give a better chance of seeing the more unusual owls over there?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Nick page. Bristol UK nickpage502 at hotmail.com