[Tweeters] Caracara sightings

Bryn M Kildow bkildow at me.com
Tue Jul 21 16:25:30 PDT 2015

According to here - http://www.birdweb.org/birdweb/bird/crested_caracara - yes, but I don’t know how authoritative this site is. It states:

"General Description
Sightings of Crested Caracara in the Pacific Coast states were long considered suspect due to the possibility that they represented birds escaped from captivity. However, a recent upsurge of records has led to a reconsideration. The Washington Bird Records Committee has now accepted three records as "wild" birds: Ocean Shores (Grays Harbor County) in August 1983, Neah Bay (Clallam County) in January 1998, and Oakville (Grays Harbor County) in May 2006."

Bryn