[Tweeters] Shoreline (Echo Lake) Merlin Site on 7/17/15

Barbara Deihl barbdeihl at comcast.net
Mon Jul 20 11:59:43 PDT 2015

For 3 hours I watched 3 of the EL Merlin juvies on or near the deadtop nearest to NE 185th St. Never actually saw an adult bring in prey, but the way the young were acting, it did seem a couple of times, that they flew off to meet up with one - guess I could have gotten up out of my chair, but I was too comfortably ensconced to do that. Just sat back, braced my camera and took some shots. Steller's Jays were the fun visitors of the evening - you can get somewhat of an idea of the interaction with the trio of Merlins in my photos.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskd3wYZk

Barb Deihl
barbdeihl at comcast.net