[Tweeters] "unusual" and post-nesting(?) birds, Tenino

Paul Hicks phicks at accessgrace.org
Thu Jul 16 11:46:32 PDT 2015

Tweets - Thursday 9-11am I checked my favorite haunt of 25+ years, the Heernett Foundation/Creekside Conservancy property outside Tenino, to see what might be still singing. Heard a scolding HOUSE WREN (second-ever occurrence) and, after a half-hour watch sorting through numerous swallows young and old, confirmed an initial glimpse of BANK SWALLOW, first-ever at this site. I am wondering if this is evidence of post-nesting birds beginning to disperse. Wednesday evening I heard the first C NIGHTHAWK since June 7. Good birding!
Paul Hicks / Tenino / phi cks A T ac cessgrace DO T org